First Sportive Finished - 50 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
OK, so only a 50 mile ride, but completed in 3hrs 2 mins 20 seconds, averaging 16.5 mile/h. And the clock didn't stop during the feeding station rest time either.

Well pleased - I over-cooked the first 10 miles on my final training session on Friday, but no mistakes today. I felt like that I had got it right, never running out of energy, but being very tired on the line.

Wasn't anything like out-classed either. Lost a tussle at the end with someone who started 10 minutes before me, and dropped my closest challenger in my wave when he ran out of energy at 60km (although there were over half a dozen or more faster in my wave, I lost four of them when I was having chain problems). OK, many did faster (75, when I left), and the serious people would have been doing the 100, but only a couple passed me, and I passed many on route. I guess this being an inaugural event the number of first-timers would have been much higher than normal, but in summary, very happy.

So what next? First 100 is definitely on the cards, but this year or next? Audax or Sportive.

rh100

Well done.

Where was it?

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Silverstone and the Northamptonshire villages. Lots of pretty cottages, rolling hills, churches doing afternoon tea with home-made cakes. And wind. Shed loads of wind.

rh100

Sounds nice, except for the wind. It was really blowy here aswell so just did some gardening instead :wacko:

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

And here is a picture of me smiling serenely, whilst advertising the Cycle Chat web site.

Notice the hairy legs - I'm not that serious yet..

AlexDH

And here is a picture of me smiling serenely, whilst advertising the Cycle Chat web site.

Notice the hairy legs - I'm not that serious yet..

Well done , I did it too and this was my first Sportive, I have learned a lot ,my mistake was taking too much stuff with me. I was also trying to use a new water back pack and it did not go too well.

I think I only ending up drinking 0.5 litre along the ride

I did the 50 miles in just under 3 hours. BIB 533 Wave 13

What was your bib number so i can have a look and see if i recognise you.

I am looking forward to doig my next one looking for somthing before the Mac 100 in Stratford Upon Avon.

AlexDH

blink.gif
unsure.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
Bib 375, me.
Wearing my CycleChat top. And not chatting some woman up whilst climbing the hill....

Attachments

• cool.gif
    cool.gif
    262 bytes · Views: 23
  • cool.gif
    cool.gif
    262 bytes · Views: 22
  • rolleyes.gif
    rolleyes.gif
    673 bytes · Views: 21
Top Bottom