First sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mummy3monkeys

Well I did it, 53.8 miles in 3hrs 38 minutes. Was an awesome experience.
Due to the hubby's last minute mechanical prep taking longer than planned, and not knowing for sure where we were going exactly, we missed the slow group start. So we started out with the later group.
I tried to be last, but there were two guys behind us chatting away, not wanting to go past us. So for the first 16 miles we were going at quite a pace, and I wasn't sure I could keep it up. However I soon settled into it and relaxed.
They decided to go past us down one steep descent.
We passed various people with punctures etc, most ended up passing us again.
The wind was pretty hairy and mainly cross winds, but occasionally was behind us.
We also ended up passing some of the first group, and Andrew egged me on to get past them (think he has a slight competitive streak!!) and that was rather a good feeling. The best bit was, we weren't the last back by any means, and that felt good!!
Tea and cake at the end was good. The route was 49.8 miles, but we parked at the p&r, so the extra distance was there and back.
Oh the elation, such an achievement, and to be able to do it together, was such good fun, just had to share

13 rider

Guru
Well done :bravo:said you do it .What's next?

OP
OP
Mummy3monkeys

Mummy3monkeys

Thanks, going to ride round Yorkshire in May for a holiday, hubby is doing a 3 counties sportive in April, I am doing a women's only one week before. Then he has persuaded me to do 100 miles together later in year. Then the sportive I have had planned since last year, confirmed date is first weekend in September, so loads in mind.
At the 4th one, his wife was looking rather hacked off :laugh:
Bet she was!!

OP
OP
Mummy3monkeys

Mummy3monkeys

Ah well, my goals have changed again. The confirmed details of the hospital ride I was planning to do have changed. It was supposed to be 60 miles, there are now 20/40 and 100 mile options. So the 100 it is, as the other two won't be challenging enough. So feeling determined!!!

Top Bottom