First test ride advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sionhughes

Hi all,

I'm going to Evans today for a test ride on a few road bikes to see what they're like as an upgrade to my Carrera. I've got a few questions I wonder if you can help me with:
  • What should I wear on my test ride. Should I turn up in my cycling shorts and jersey and SPD shoes or casual clothing and trainers?
  • Any advice on what I should be looking for on the ride?
Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wear what you are likely to ride the bike you buy in :smile: they should be able to put SPD pedals on, but might be worth a call. I'd wear padded shorts personally given you'll presumably want a decent test ride on a stock saddle. Go early given its a Saturday and they'll be busy. Don't forget photo ID and a bank card

Looking for on test ride, comfort and a bike that makes you smile. Bear in mind any bike on shop floor is unlikely to be set optimally. You might want a multi tool with you in case you need to adjust the saddle

I doubt you'll be able to test ride more than two or three bikes given they'll be busy. Unless you've all day. If it's raining or wet out, they won't usually allow tests understandably

vickster

Legendary Member
It may or may not be hassle depending on whether the bike has pedals on, most won't but yep, up to you and you don't want to damage a bike in a clipless fall :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed and you'll sign an indemnity that if you break it, you're responsible :smile:

Have you confirmed your local branch has the bikes you want to ride in store in your size or is it just general tyre kicking at this stage :smile:

OP
OP
sionhughes

sionhughes

Went for my test ride this morning. Very much enjoyed the Cannondale Synapse Tiagra Disc. Got myself a quote (email still hasn't arrived in over 6 hours!!) and I'll send it off to C2W folk on Monday. Went for a spin on my Carrera when I got home, missed the Cannondale already!!

Top Bottom