First Verbals for a While

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just after 6 pm I was going along here, assisted by 30-40mph gusts, when a driver tries to go through but can't because I'm going that fast, my wheels are two inches outside the heavily potholed cycle lane and there an island in the way. Predictably, the second I'm passed the island they squeeze through and then turn right at the next junction except they couldn't as the road was that busy. I muttered 'what was that for r's whole' as I cruised by. They must of heard me :blush: as they started to follow and told me I should be in the cyclelane :rolleyes: My response, aye well you should be on the motorway :rolleyes: and didn't bother reacting to his following rants. That must of wound him up as he decided to swerve his two ton weight at me like a big man. Oh well, I guess he couldn't wait that 1 sec behind a speeding cyclist but they could change their route and follow me along the road giving me verbals for a few minutes :rolleyes:

Hip Priest

Veteran
2181 miles this year and you had your first verbals for a while. I think that's good going!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
He couldn't have been in that much of a rush if he had time to follow you. Makes you wonder if its a punishment pass given the rants I keep reading online about "should be in the F***ING cyclelane" :tired:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I hate stereotypes but it fitted the stereotype perfectly :rolleyes:

In my experience any "cycle lane" that is under 1.2m wide should be removed, especially those where the bike sign end up over the double yellows. All they serve to do is encourage close passing and risk shredding the tyres.

Col5632

Guru
What a twat, even with the cycle lane there you are not meant to pass any cyclist on any road where there is an island, i think you had every right to have a go at him, tbf aswell its about the only road in the whole of dunfermline with a cycle lane on the road :cursing:

Top Bottom