First wet ride with Cool Stop Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
They're good, aren't they :rolleyes:

What's more surprising is just how durable they are too. I assumed that they were soft and that longetivity would be the trade off but I've had mine on the commuter now for ages, certainly in the (very low) thousands of miles!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If they fit my Scott I will replace with them when the time comes.The original Scott ones are great when dry poor in wet.

Brakes are Scott Pro SCBR530 incase anyone knows if they will fit?

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Well the originals fitted to my Voodoo were OK in the dry but very poor in the wet and used to leave my rims covered in black gunge..........

Best change to my bike so far i think.... lol

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Panter said:
They're good, aren't they ;)

What's more surprising is just how durable they are too. I assumed that they were soft and that longetivity would be the trade off but I've had mine on the commuter now for ages, certainly in the (very low) thousands of miles!

Agreed, they stop well and last surprisingly long.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
According to the Harris website's description of the koolstop pads which have both compounds:

Dual Compound.

The new Dual Compound models carry asymmetrical design to a farther extreme, using a relatively soft black compound in front of the attachment point, an the harder, grippier salmon compound behind the attachment.

If your brakes are prone to squealing, the Dual Compound models should reduce the noise pollution while still giving excellent stopping power.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I use Salmon on the front and Black on the rear... this lets me grab equal-ish handfuls of both brake levers without much danger of locking the rear.

l4dva

Guru
So the salmon ones have stronger braking power, I guess they wear out quicker too?

tyred

Legendary Member
RecordAceFromNew said:
You should find toe-in can help reducing/eliminating the squealing.

Toeing in has done absolutely nothing to reduce the racket made by my Pug's brakes. On the plus side, I have no use for a bell...

Top Bottom