First winter ascent of K2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jeez. That's impressive. K2 is far harder than Everest. Every credit to the gang.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yep

Drago

Legendary Member
I once climed K2 while riding a Grifter, rolling a smoke and playing Thick as a Brick on the flute. Let me tell you, it isn't easy with the girlfriend on the pillion keeping her hands warm on my space hoppers.

Sadly, the attempt was disqualified from the Guinness Book of Records because the bike had handlebar tassels and an Evel Knieval sticker.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I once climed K2 while riding a Grifter, rolling a smoke and playing Thick as a Brick on the flute. Let me tell you, it isn't easy with the girlfriend on the pillion keeping her hands warm on my space hoppers.

Sadly, the attempt was disqualified from the Guinness Book of Records because the bike had handlebar tassels and an Evel Knieval sticker.

You are thinking of the K2 Balti in Hemel Hempstead , after you’d made the first successful traversal of the magic eye roundabouts.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
You are thinking of the K2 Balti in Hemel Hempstead , after you’d made the first successful traversal of the magic eye roundabouts.
Nobody, but nobody has got round there and anyone who claims to have done is a jolly big fibber.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Brilliant effort - never thought I'd hear of this being completed in my lifetime.

I've never been to the Karakoram (or the Himalaya for that matter) but if there is one mountain that I would just like to go and take a look at, it would be K2.

Top Bottom