Firsttriathlonn completed!

Discussion in 'Cyclocross (CX), Duathlon and Triathlon' started by Daddydadbo, 12 Aug 2012.

1. Daddydadbo

Daddydadbo Member

I did the Kelso triathlon today. Just the super sprint but enough for my first one.

I came third in my heat and 8th overall and am totally chuffed.

51.54 overall time.

Will get into the forties in Eyemouth in a month!!

2. :bravo:Nice one. Some guys at work are making noises about next years Ironman UK, after marshalling this years event I am tempted, but I'm not sure just yet. Got a couple of weeks before registration opens anyway.

Well done today, great result :thumbsup:

3. WobblyBob

WobblyBob Well-Known Member

Nice one, what is the Super Sprint tho ? I know the Sprint distances but never heard of the 'Super'

Cheers

4. OP
    OP
    Daddydadbo

Daddydadbo Member

Supersprint is slightly over half a sprint. They did them in Docklands this year. 400m swim, 10.84 cycle and 2.84km run.

They do a series in th Borders called Come and Tri and they do supersprint distances for that.

Next year I am going to do the Sprint series and possibly Strathclyde Park.

5. WobblyBob

WobblyBob Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great taster tri, i'm really curios about these tbh.

I have a background of competetive swimming from about 13 to 19 then went on to be a lifeguard up to about age 32 (i'm 44 now), but alongside that i did alot of running which i was relatively successsful at running for county & winning quite a few local club road races/XC events but stopped running when i was about 21ish (bloody women & beer to blame !!)

So fast forward 20 years or so & about 3 or 4 stone & i've bought my first bike about 3 weeks ago to try & lose some of the weight, & i'm finding i'm loving it & its reigniting my competetive side !......So very curios indeed.

Thanks for the info & good luck with any further tri's you....try.

Andy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice