Fish!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Anybody keep fish? I've just got new puffers - aren't they handsome? Ethelfred and Flooperdunk

20200214_151918.jpg
20200214_151917.jpg
20200214_151737.jpg

Go on - show us your fish!

AndreaJ

Veteran
This is Wilbur the Foxface in my marine tank, we also have a puffer fish in our freshwater tank.
C5E2D5AF-DF3A-44A3-A491-2AF5FE7A8685.jpeg

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

Coo - two marine tank owners already! I wanted a marine tank but I'm away from home a lot and it's unfair to expect my wife to look after a high maintenance hobby.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

oh my! Lovely!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've just started a malawi cichlid tank. annoyingly it has a whitespot problem (easily solved with the right stuff) and i need 4 more fish to make the tank optimal in terms of population. cichlids are quite aggressive and you have to overstock them.

out of interest, is there a logic in adding newcomers while the tank's under medication? could prevent anything being brought in by the newcomers. local pets at home is open and has cichlids 2 for £15 just now…

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
i've just started a malawi cichlid tank. annoyingly it has a whitespot problem (easily solved with the right stuff) and i need 4 more fish to make the tank optimal in terms of population. cichlids are quite aggressive and you have to overstock them.

out of interest, is there a logic in adding newcomers while the tank's under medication? could prevent anything being brought in by the newcomers. local pets at home is open and has cichlids 2 for £15 just now…
I've kept Malawi (and Tanganyika) cichlids for years, until last year when they became too much for me to look after (I had 19 tanks!). Now I just have a six foot tank with three Oscars (about 8") and a four foot tank with a clarias catfish of almost 18". I also have two small tanks with cherry shrimps and a one metre tank with some community fish. All the other tanks are empty now.

I found the best place to buy Malawis is from a private breeder. They are usually much better quality and cheaper than pet shops. Check Facebook - there are several sellers on there and some advertise here: http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/index_cat100.php

Globalti

Legendary Member
Funnily enough I used to know a Nigerian who used to export tropical fish. Lovely guy, wish I could remember his name.

The Nigerians import thousands of tons of fish but that's dried Atlantic cod from Norway. It stinks but they love it.

Top Bottom