Fishing for grayling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
col said:
It is,i love it when the weather is bright but cold,and have time to be at the river,here is where we were fishing.The little bit sticking out about middle left of the pic ,is where i was trotting a float too,and hooked it.

That looks lovely :biggrin:

Trotting a stick float is my all-time favourite method. I used to have an annual pilgrimage to the Hampshire Avon and Dorset Stour just to be able to trot a float properly, there's just no "proper" rivers in Kent anymore :biggrin:

I assume thats a club stretch you fish?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Panter said:
That looks lovely :biggrin:

Trotting a stick float is my all-time favourite method. I used to have an annual pilgrimage to the Hampshire Avon and Dorset Stour just to be able to trot a float properly, there's just no "proper" rivers in Kent anymore :biggrin:

I assume thats a club stretch you fish?

Actually no,its the free stretch that was given to darlington locals some time ago by a well known local bussiness man,his name slips my mind.It starts from croft bridge,and goes all the way up river to the dam at broken scar i believe.Iv been a member of a couple of fishing groups in the past,but this free stretch delivers most of the time,so dont feel the need to fork out a yearly fee,when all i need is my licence,and away you go.Also,i believe this stretch is exempt from the river close season too,as long as you only use worm as bait in the off season.

Top Bottom