Fishing line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-suffolk

Just to be aware, another cycle group I belong to has reported fishing line being strung across the path on Griff Rhys Jones' land near Holbrook Bay in Suffolk. The police apparently have been informed, and the council visited. According to reports, this isn't the first time.

The access is a footpath, so cycling not allowed, but if low enough to catch a cyclist then it would also catch walkers and runners who are allowed there. No other information, just making people aware if they venture that way.

carpenter

Über Member
Interesting; I live near there - I seem to remember that Mr Rhys Jones was getting upset about cyclists using the footpath (particular increase during first lockdown).

Just to be aware, another cycle group I belong to has reported fishing line being strung across the path on Griff Rhys Jones' land near Holbrook Bay in Suffolk. The police apparently have been informed, and the council visited. According to reports, this isn't the first time.

The access is a footpath, so cycling not allowed, but if low enough to catch a cyclist then it would also catch walkers and runners who are allowed there. No other information, just making people aware if they venture that way.
Alas (Smith &) Jones, you are a massive butt-hole.

carpenter

Über Member
I normally stick to the "vintage" section, but browsed tonight and found your post interesting (I live in a nearby village and have been known to walk my dog on that path in summer :smile:)

Drago

Legendary Member
The same Griff Wees Moans who has recently been complaining in the papers about cyclists on his land?

Now, I wonder who could have done such a thing? Who had motive and opportunity? Hhmmmm :whistle:

I hear that he has also installed some log jumps to entertain keen technical and trials riders as well.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
These types of murderous Ha-Ha’s seem to pop up all over the place, there was even some idiot that thought that hammering nails along a plank of wood, then hiding it in leaf mulch on a byway open to all traffic would teach those damn 4x4 drivers and mountain bikers an expensive lesson in puncture damage, quite what they thought would happen if a horse stepped on it, or a Walker fell on to it doesn’t bear thinking about, these heroes never get caught though, do they

carpenter

Über Member
The same Griff Wees Moans who has recently been complaining in the papers about cyclists on his land?

Now, I wonder who could have done such a thing? Who had motive and opportunity? Hhmmmm :whistle:

I hear that he has also installed some log jumps to entertain keen technical and trials riders as well.

I must go for a walk and have a look.I have not be that way for a while, but current pleasant weather (and "lockdown boredom" ) makes the idea quite entertaining.

He does seem to moan a bit - I seem to remember Mr Rhys Jones kicking up a lot of .... (a few years ago) about the local public school putting up floodlights for their sports fields.

OP
OP
chris-suffolk

chris-suffolk

My view would be that if you don't like people, then don't buy a house with a public footpath running through the garden. It's not like he can't afford a house right away from everyone and everything if that's what he wants.

Top Bottom