fitness and longevity help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
alci4

alci4

Thanks for all the advice and feedback folks

jay clock said:
what bike have you got? If it is a heavy MTB with suspension and knobbly tyres it will be harder. In any even pump the tyres up to the max pressure on the side wall

apollo mogul hardtail big heavy mofo

getting my gt xc1 sometime this week so will be better ride then about a third less weight

lukesdad said:
Try to ride at the right time to start with, when your not fatigued .

i am a postie so 5 days a week i have already walked for about 3.5 hours before i get home and start getting the roaming lust for the bike

BrumJim said:
Join us on a Saturday morning ride in May. Or Lizard on one this weekend. It really helps you with pacing and pushing through psychological barriers.

get my new gt agressor xc1 next week some time so when i get a chance i will take you up on your kind offer cheers (only problem being i am a postie so only get one sat off work in six)

did this run yesterday and found it easy going

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/birmingham/675127278834353151

map shows it as about 15 miles but i got lost a couple of times :sad: so total was just over 18 (weather was cooler which seemed to help)

and i got a puncture about mile and half from car :sad: (still sh@t happens lol)

love getting out on the bike but with work and my 2 year old times limited(the wifes a diamond though always telling me to get out on the bike prob just to have rid of me lol)

Top Bottom