Fitted Slime tube protectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
Generally not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Made of clear plastic like you get in an in store catelogue but thicker but very softish and flexible.Get the right amount of air in the tube makes it easier and once all reasembled you can press the tyre each side to centralise the protector. Certainly should stop thorns and maybe flint but whether it will stop a tack or nail if it catches right I`m not that sure. got to be better than nothing though.

Just thought I`d share

AlanW

Guru
Putting them in while in the comfort of your garage is easy.

But, just be warned that you can still get punctures and when you do they are a pain in the arse when you are by the side of the road. :biggrin:

As good as they are, or as good as they claim to be, I binned mine in favour of the Slime tubes.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
AlanW said:
Putting them in while in the comfort of your garage is easy.

But, just be warned that you can still get punctures and when you do they are a pain in the arse when you are by the side of the road. ;)

As good as they are, or as good as they claim to be, I binned mine in favour of the Slime tubes.

Our main problem where we live(deep into farming country) are small thorns and these should deal with what I`ve seen punctures from so far. Anything else and I phone the wife to bring the van:biggrin: I did consider slime filled but not sure I fancy having punctures that I don`t know about. I fitted Marathons to my main heavy E bike and apart from a glitch on the first outing they seem to be the best bet.

Top Bottom