Fitter not Fatter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
Flyingfox said:
Hi Hollyhillian where are you based, or is the clue in the name?

I don't have the same name but I do have the 2008 gold model

Whohoo
Maybe enough owners for our own section !

How do you find it - What mileage and any repairs/upgrades ?

Flyingfox

Downward said:
Whohoo
Maybe enough owners for our own section !

How do you find it - What mileage and any repairs/upgrades ?

I can't really compare it to any other bikes I've owned except my old mountain bike, so a huge improvement on that when it comes to commuting. Offhand I can't recall total mileage, I've had it since September and have a round trip commute of 17 miles a day, but I only commute 3 days a week on average,(A girl has to have a social life after work!) but I do go for longer rides at the weekend.

No repairs, the gears do need tweeking a bit though. I replaced the standard grips with Ergon grips with micro bar ends, which I find extremely comfortable and I no longer get pins & needles in my hands which is great.

OP
OP
H

Hollyhillian

It's the first bike I've owned since I was a kid so difficult to compare it to anything, but, I have to say it's very well made, not particulary heavy ,good for road and also the odd gravel cycle path.
I've been out with a few friends when they are on road bikes and I seem to be able to hold my own with them.
I would suggest that it is a great bike to get you started on your cycling journey as it's quite sturdy and forgiving but still capable of keeping you in amongst the faster boys if you wish to.

Not had to repair or upgrade anything but did get the bike shop to adjust the gears once as I couldn't engage one cog , other than that .........No problems at all.

Top Bottom