Fitting Cateye Vectra Computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wilko

Veteran
Have just fitted a Cateye computer to my bike. Set the computer up ok, but when I ride it doesn't register anything! Now I know it's probably me just being dim, but I can't figure out what I've done wrong. Any suggestions?

Have also posted this in the beginners section, so apologies for the double post.

is this wireless or not. if not it might be the magnet is too far away from the sensor or if its wireless then the computer might not be in line

OP
OP
wilko

wilko

Veteran
ontheroadtofrance said:
is this wireless or not. if not it might be the magnet is too far away from the sensor or if its wireless then the computer might not be in line

It's wireless. I've got the computer fitted to my handlebars and the sensor fitted to the back of the forks. I've just had a look and if I moved the sensor to the front of the fork then it would be directly underneath the computer, do you reckon that might sort it?

Edited to ask if there is a correct way up to fit the sensor, or would it not matter.

OP
OP
wilko

wilko

Veteran
Just in case anyone is remotely interested it was because the magnet was indeed too far away from the sensor, so thanks ontheroadtofrance for your reply!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done, was going to add you need to 'tune' the computer to the sensor. They say about a 3mm gap to the sensor, but you will get away with a few more.

Top Bottom