Fitting cogs on Cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdrianS

Just taken delivery of a new 9 speed Shimano HG 50 road cassette.
The smallest 4 cogs are loose. How should I fit them in relation to the other cogs on the cassette? Where do the ramps go in relation to each other?

Cheers for any advice!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The smallest 4 cogs are loose. How should I fit them in relation to the other cogs on the cassette? Where do the ramps go in relation to each other?

Cheers for any advice!
I think all HG (hyperglide) cassettes are similar, if you look inside each sprocket theres notches, one of which is thinner than all the others so you should line them all up from that. When you come to put it on the wheel (whatever the bit the cassette mounts to is called :crazy:) one of the splines is narrower than the others so you shouldnt be able to fit them any other way :smile:

Hope thats of use, ive only replaced 1 cassette so far though ;)

RhythMick

Über Member

Cheers for any advice!

The Shimano site will have full documentation which should make it crystal clear. Well worth reading that to make sure.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
^^ wot 'e said. Just don't forget to put the spacers in.....not that I've ever forgotten.....noooooo, not me......:whistle:

Top Bottom