Fitting new Brake cartridge type blocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
After much head scratching fitting my replacement "Kool Stop" 105 brake cartridge blocks I made a startling discovery.Theres a left and a right :ohmy:

If admitting my stupidity helps out another beginner I have broad shoulders for the flak :biggrin:

Tried them out on a local hill and seem much more progressive and requiring less pressure on brake levers than the originals. I got the Salmon coloured ones as they are meant for wet weather but seemed great in the dry tonight.

potsy

Rambler
After much head scratching fitting my replacement "Kool Stop" 105 brake cartridge blocks I made a startling discovery.Theres a left and a right :ohmy:

If admitting my stupidity helps out another beginner I have broad shoulders for the flak :biggrin:

Tried them out on a local hill and seem much more progressive and requiring less pressure on brake levers than the originals. I got the Salmon coloured ones as they are meant for wet weather but seemed great in the dry tonight.

How are these doing now Banjo?
I've just fitted mine and will be testing them on the wet commute very soon.
Unlike the 105's they have a raised edge that means I can't set them up 'toe in' like you're meant to,any advice?

gwhite

Über Member
How are these doing now Banjo?
I've just fitted mine and will be testing them on the wet commute very soon.
Unlike the 105's they have a raised edge that means I can't set them up 'toe in' like you're meant to,any advice?

The raised edge goes to the rear and this gives the "toe-in" that you're looking for.

Top Bottom