fitting post mount brakes to a flat mount frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have been offered some trp spyres that are post mount but my bike is flat mount and even with adaptors im not sure they would fit especially the rear?
1690546688507-png.700553
carrera-vanquish-mens-road-bike_012-jpg.700554

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Something went wrong there... I can't see the pictures!

I had to buy an adaptor for my mountain bike. I didn't realise that there are different sizes for different sized disks, so I ended up with the wrong size. I suppose it is obvious if you think about it.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Something went wrong there... I can't see the pictures!

I had to buy an adaptor for my mountain bike. I didn't realise that there are different sizes for different sized disks, so I ended up with the wrong size. I suppose it is obvious if you think about it.

odd , works if i log in but cant see them logged out
the issue is the back as it tight as it is

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
odd , works if i log in but cant see them logged out
the issue is the back as it tight as it is
I can't see that one either, and I am always logged in.

I see that Merlin make it obvious that there are different sizes and you need to select the one that you need. When I bought mine on eBay the vendor didn't mention the size of disk it was for.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I can't see that one either, and I am always logged in.

I see that Merlin make it obvious that there are different sizes and you need to select the one that you need. When I bought mine on eBay the vendor didn't mention the size of disk it was for.

yes i know about adaptors thanks, i was more concerned that they would fit the in the rear triangle ?

C R

Guru

It doesn't look like a post mount is going to fit in there :sad:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

update
@Arjimlad
i have managed to get hold of the tektro mdc 550 flat mount brakes for only a little more than the trp you kindly offered .
I know they will most likely be less effective the spyres but the issues surrounding getting post mount with adapters into the rear triangle was the decider .The tektro ones have still got to be better than the single piston 510`s i currently have and should be a straight swap .

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
update
@Arjimlad
i have managed to get hold of the tektro mdc 550 flat mount brakes for only a little more than the trp you kindly offered .
I know they will most likely be less effective the spyres but the issues surrounding getting post mount with adapters into the rear triangle was the decider .The tektro ones have still got to be better than the single piston 510`s i currently have and should be a straight swap .

I think my new Contend AR has those and they look identical to the Spyres. Hope they work great for you. I'll clean up my old Spyres and get them up for sale sometime soon.

Top Bottom