Fitting rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pompey Princess

Veteran
HI Guys

Any advice on fitting a rear light??

Sounds daft but I have a seat post rack and panniers, thus ruling out attaching it to the seat post.

The panniers also get in the way of the additional stay fixing that came with it...

So does anyone have any suggestions as to how to attach to the rear (without being rude!)

It's a SMART Polaris 5 LED set I have...

Many thanks
Nicky :tongue:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Does your pannier have a mounting plate at the end of it? If so you can buy a pannier mount for smart lights:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?modelID=29392
which takes those kidney ones and the smart half watt superflash as well.

(Just put one in my basket this morning for Mr Summerdays)

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Cheers for the advice!

I didn't know they did a rear rack brackety thing! Will get ordering right away - cheers Summerdays.

I can't put it above or under the seat post rack cos I am so short, the only thing I can have on the seat post is the rack - otherwise I wouldn't be able to reach the pedals!!!

Enjoy the sunshine this weekend! ;)

All ordered!

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Yes I am a proud Portsmuthian and yes, that's Morten Harket! Saddo a-ha fan I'm afraid - bit of an 80s chick :blush:

Pompey for a win in Portugal tonight - 9.35pm Channel 5 UEFA Cup, 1st round, 2nd leg :biggrin:

Pompey Princess said:
Yes I am a proud Portsmuthian and yes, that's Morten Harket! Saddo a-ha fan I'm afraid - bit of an 80s chick :smile:

Pompey for a win in Portugal tonight - 9.35pm Channel 5 UEFA Cup, 1st round, 2nd leg :tongue:

Well if you see a bearded gentleman (OK - bloke) on a recumbent trike, Thorn tourer, Brompton give me a shout!

Usually commuting to Queen Alexandra on te A27 or to St Marys vial Landport and Fratton

Top Bottom