Five Bells to Six Bells....a tour idea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Was chatting to a friend last night who lives very close to a pub called the Five Bells. He fancied a roast dinner there, but they told him that they weren't doing hot meals because of the the heat. Anyway, he looked around locally and discovered that another pub nearby called the Six Bells was doing dinners.
He went on the bus, from his local bus stop which was outside the the Five Bells, to the Six Bells, which he thought was rather amusing and he does have a way of telling his stories, so made us all laugh.

Anyway, it did occur to me that this could form an interesting tour. From a Bell pub past 2,3,4 etc. all the way to 10.
Going to have to do it quick as it looks like the only 2 Bells pub I could find in the UK has closed down. Also I can't find a Seven Bells anywhere.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
"Boxer's Bar", knocking seven bells out of each other?

wonderloaf

Veteran
Was chatting to a friend last night who lives very close to a pub called the Five Bells. He fancied a roast dinner there, but they told him that they weren't doing hot meals because of the the heat. Anyway, he looked around locally and discovered that another pub nearby called the Six Bells was doing dinners.
He went on the bus, from his local bus stop which was outside the the Five Bells, to the Six Bells, which he thought was rather amusing and he does have a way of telling his stories, so made us all laugh.

Anyway, it did occur to me that this could form an interesting tour. From a Bell pub past 2,3,4 etc. all the way to 10.
Going to have to do it quick as it looks like the only 2 Bells pub I could find in the UK has closed down. Also I can't find a Seven Bells anywhere.
You could find a Brakspear 'Bell' pub (Old Bell in Henley for instance) and have a pint of Two Bells?
upload_2019-7-28_17-17-29.png

Top Bottom