Five Years Ago

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Was it that long ago ? Glad you're still riding. Hopefully no long lasting effects.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got splattered by a car. Express delivery to Resus, 2 badly broken vertebra and 4 ribs. Long hospital stay, very long recovery.

Still here, still riding. :crazy:

Struth! That long ago, glad you're still pedaling.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I too am surprised that 5 years have passed! Mind you, the damn Covid-19 thing has already been going over a year now***. It is amazing and scary how quickly time passes...

Keep riding, and keep avoiding mad drivers! :okay:

*** Chinese media reckon that the first case was spotted in Wuhan on November 17th 2019, although the Chinese government didn't announce the threat until some time after that.

classic33

Leg End Member
No more posts in the early hours, saying how the fella two beds away is keeping you awake with his coughing. Or putting your feet down onto a wet floor.

A Wednesday as well.

Last edited:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
A "like" for still riding not the other stuff. Stay safe

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I started doing a bit of road again in September in North Wales (quiet roads) but have obviously lost my marbles as I am MTB'ing and I've got the hang of gnarly stuff. I find the rocks and trees slightly less unpredictable than car drivers.

Still get some back pain, but that usually goes with getting bashed about on the MTB. I only have half my L1 left, so instead of a square, it's a cheese wedge. The expensive mattress worked wonders, as has 'time'.

I have a few people, including a couple of frum members, who saw how off my head I was on morphine - I think that's obvious on the original thread @potsy posted about me getting squished.

Can't fault the NHS during my 42 days in hospital. I did manage to 'walk' out after 42 days in bed.

Top Bottom