Five Years Ago

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You manage to noble any of his chocolate digestives at the time?

He didn't as nobody brought me any treats in hospital. Skolly and Potsy turned up one (day/night - I can't remember time) whilst I was in. Morphine in high doses is good. Lost 3 weeks ! The next 3 plus weeks dragged as I was coming off the stuff. :laugh:

I still need to buy some 'broken riders' gear.

classic33

Leg End Member
He didn't as nobody brought me any treats in hospital. Skolly and Potsy turned up one (day/night - I can't remember time) whilst I was in. Morphine in high doses is good. Lost 3 weeks ! The next 3 plus weeks dragged as I was coming off the stuff. :laugh:

I still need to buy some 'broken riders' gear.
Didn't you have a pack of them on your bedside cupboard/locker?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Jeez is it really 5 years.

Yup, you been on my morphine ? :laugh:

I'm generally pain killer free unless Skolly has been killing me on a MTB ride. I crashed quite badly at Llandegla a year after breaking my back - knackered up my shulder - had to rde one handed on the black chasing Skolly and a couple of others. I had to hide the injuries for a few weeks at home (bruises and scrapes and only using 1st, 3rd and 5th in the car as my left arm couldn't pull back).

I even saw the physio staff at work to check I was OK as I didn't want it on my medical records. They gave me a rollocking.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Given your posts at the time maybe not knowing what was in there was the best thing!

Trust you to remember, do not post a link to it ! Off my 'ed I believe. :wacko:

Morphine in huge quantites, diazipan when my ribs went into spasm, causing my spine to do it too - not nice (basically I would have rather died), then everything else - paracetemol, ibuprofen, anti coag injections and the 'go to the loo' drugs..... I didn't need food ! :laugh:

Don't get run over folks....

classic33

Leg End Member
Trust you to remember, do not post a link to it ! Off my 'ed I believe. :wacko:

Morphine in huge quantites, diazipan when my ribs went into spasm, causing my spine to do it too - not nice (basically I would have rather died), then everything else - paracetemol, ibuprofen, anti coag injections and the 'go to the loo' drugs..... I didn't need food ! :laugh:

Don't get run over folks....
At three/four in the mornings there weren't many on. Careful reading required at times.
Those "go to the loo drugs" are brilliant when they work though.

classic33

Leg End Member
:crazy:
You need a job in MI5 ?:becool: or 6.7.8.9.X :whistle:
I"ve had the "go to the loo drugs" for a week before they took effect. When they did...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yup, you been on my morphine ? :laugh:

I'm generally pain killer free unless Skolly has been killing me on a MTB ride. I crashed quite badly at Llandegla a year after breaking my back - knackered up my shulder - had to rde one handed on the black chasing Skolly and a couple of others. I had to hide the injuries for a few weeks at home (bruises and scrapes and only using 1st, 3rd and 5th in the car as my left arm couldn't pull back).

I even saw the physio staff at work to check I was OK as I didn't want it on my medical records. They gave me a rollocking.
Nah I've got my own Dihydrocodeine thanks very much, I've had Morphine after both my operations on the Femur and can't get on with the dreams. I don't take the Codeine that often though, only if I have to do too much and end up hurting. A months supply (100 x 500mg) generally lasts for a year or more. Maybe it's time to think about a new hip but I really don't want another Op.

I sometimes wish i wasn't on it , just to give you an idea.....

What is fentanyl?
Pharmaceutical fentanyl is a synthetic opioid pain reliever, approved for treating severe pain, typically advanced cancer pain.1 It is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine

Fentanyl,, is up to 100 times more potent than morphine and many times that of heroin.

1606396903930.png

Top Bottom