Five years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just been listening to a local radio phone in. One caller asked what the presenter would do if he'd just heard that we had five minutes before a nuclear bomb hit us. Not much he replied,as in such a short time you couldn't do much. It got me thinking. What would we do if we heard, to quote Bowie;s Five Years song Earth was really dying. How would we go on? What about bank loans for example. Would people pay theirs back. Surely banks wouldn't give out new loans?. What about those studying degrees. There'd be no point as by the time they'd qualified they'd only have a few years in their profession. Would anarchy break our or would their law and order prevail? What do you think would happen and how would you spend your last five years alive?

Tim Hall

Watch Hard Sun on BBC 1 and find out.

winjim

Smash the cistern
What exactly is going to happen, by what means and with what certainty?

We know the world is ending. We know it. What are we doing? Not much really, pootling along.

mustang1

Guru
What exactly is going to happen, by what means and with what certainty?

We know the world is ending. We know it. What are we doing? Not much really, pootling along.
Yes. I think in a few billion years .Some future generations will figure it out. But closer to home, on a much shorter timescale, people have only a hundred years or so to live: what are they doing?

I know I'm working my ass off, long hours and stuff. I asked my SO if she had a few years left, what would she do and she gave the most interesting answer: just carry on.

It got me thinking, maybe I would just carry on too. I guess that's what we are all doing right now, just carrying on. A few among us will venture out to their bucket lists but most of us will just carry on.

Weird eh?

Drago

Legendary Member
Is it a general 5 years, or do we know the date of the last day?

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
I would continue doing my job because my job still needs done, and spending as much time with family as I can (just like now.) My relatives tend to not be long-lived and both of my best friends passed away unexpectedly at relatively young ages so I do not take tomorrow for granted. Any day we wake up this side of the daisies is a good day! I would, however, make it a point to catch up on last season of Doctor Who as that has been on my to-do list.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Good question. Let's say it's around 5 years from today,give or take a day or so.
But is it definitely going to happen or is there a chance we could be spared? I reckon I could manage five years with a smack habit but I wouldn't want to try and come off it if by some miracle we were all saved at the last minute.

Top Bottom