Fixed in the snow...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

...is kind of neat. Granted, I nearly came off a few times and I couldn't see where I was bloody going because of the horizontal snow but it was sort of entertaining.

Cycling across Sainsburys' car park was particularly good. To skid, I didn't have to brace my legs in the slightest - if I stopped pedalling I started to slide.

So who fell off today?:biggrin:

Matthew

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I wasnt out today on my bike, but i went to see my GF at her school when it was abit cold. The drive up to her school was white with ice/frost, and i just rode up it on the fixed. There was people slipping around walking, and i had people look to see if i was going to ride up.
Rode up no problem, and just before a speed bump i let the back wheel slip out:becool: Look pretty cool, and i impressed a few people doing it:becool::biggrin:
Excellent fun
I also went down a road on a club ride that was ice. Loved spinning my wheel up and skidding. The older people in the club stopped at the top, and 3 of us went down it so far, then turned around and went back.

Joe

Über Member
MajorMantra said:
So who fell off today?:smile:

Matthew
*Puts hand up*:biggrin:

Slow speed, down hill left turn, two wheeled skid. Held it for a while but couldn't regain control. Well fun out there.
Tomorrows gonna be worse:laugh:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Joe said:

Slow speed, down hill left turn, two wheeled skid. Held it for a while but couldn't regain control. Well fun out there.

Wish i had my fixed:sad::smile::sad::smile::sad:
Actually, i want a really old fixed that i can go sliding on:laugh:

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

Joe said:

It's supposed to rain here tomorrow. I expect it'll be grim.:smile:

Matthew

Joe

Über Member
Rain and sleet tonight follwed by a drop to -4 here tonight, according to metcheck. The compacted snow is already really dangerous just walking across the road! Tomorrow it's gonna be an ice rink:ohmy:

Joe

Über Member
Pretty hairy again today but no offs:biggrin:

dsc00287ob3.jpg

GrahamG

Guru
Couple of hairy moments today as even main roads were just compacted snow rather than slush - had to get off and walk a few times (on hills mostly).

D

Deleted member 1258

Missed most of the snow this week. Combination of short time working and a cold. was in Thursday and the Pearson was very good. Had to make a few saves and walk part of one hill. But in general its very stable and predictable.

Top Bottom