Fixed my first rear wheel puncture today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I think you've passed that category now, Bigfella. Congratulations!!!!!!!

doyler78

LOL never had a puncture in 4 years of riding. Must make me a complete novice. Though did change my back wheel tyre this week as it had started to develop a few deepish cracks after skidding to an abrupt stop Sunday past.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
doyler78 said:
LOL never had a puncture in 4 years of riding. Must make me a complete novice. Though did change my back wheel tyre this week as it had started to develop a few deepish cracks after skidding to an abrupt stop Sunday past.

You'll wish you hadn't said that...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

postman

Legendary Member
Were you out on a ride in the middle of nowhere and how long did it take you.Last summer my mate had a spate of them .Finished up getting new tyres.We were up at Reeth nr Richmond North Yorkshire riding up to the Tan Hill Inn Britan's highest inn.Miles and miles of open moorland as far as the eye could see.Do what we do always take spares i carry four.Just incase we can be of help to anyone.So well done bftb.

I find its best not to ever comment on punctures, oops. That wasn't me puncture, what puncture!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You are not supposed to mention the P word. The p******e fairies will come and visit you. 4 years without one eh. Watch your wheels:evil:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I fixed a puncture for a neighbour's kid last week, the neighbour and his son looked as if they had never seen it done before. Poor lad had been waiting months to ride his bike.

When we go MTB night riding in winter a pinch puncture can be a ballache on a windy exposed hilltop. The tube replacement routine is quite slick now as everybody has an interest in getting moving.

Top Bottom