Fixie Inc Black Jack: elegant and simple but expensive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

It's beautiful all right, but a rip-off. Nothing that company makes is good value.

Also, I think their "car scratchers" are dumb and the word "velosophy" makes me want to hurl.:ohmy:

Aaah, that felt good.

Matthew

RedBike

I know I shouldn't but I do fancy that pure blood cyclo-x bike.

White bar tape on a CX bike! That will stay white for all of a week with me then I will be stuck with grey/brown stuff for a year.

skwerl

hmm. It says they use 135mm wheel spacing for "Maximum wheel stiffness". How does that work? Stiffness comes from spoke pattern/type and hub flang spacing/type. The flanges are spaced the same as a standard 120mm track hub so it can't be a wider hub that improves stiffness. Sounds like bollocks to me. Also a shoot-load of money for something made of bog-standard double-butted CrMo tubing

Surely the point of fixed gear "culture" is the fact that the bikes are all unique creations?

What an awful idea buying pre-packaged respect is.

Pottsy

chris667 said:
Surely the point of fixed gear "culture" is the fact that the bikes are all unique creations?

I don't agree. Some of us ride fixed gear because we like it and have done it for years. There's nothing in the 'culture' concept to me. I'd happily buy an off-the-shelf bike if I wanted that particular one - same as for any other kind of bike.

skwerl

chris667 said:

Except they're not. Most of the riders I see who appear to be riding fixed for culture/fashion reasons all seem to look the same and ride bikes which are by and large the same. ie miniscule riser bars, turd coloured frame with day-glo deep-V rims, etc. There's nothing unique in it at all.

Top Bottom