Fixie Inc Black Jack: elegant and simple but expensive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Radius said:
The 'Peacemaker' looks like a Unipack with dildo bars. Ridiculous.

To be fair, it's decent looking in the flesh, at least it would be without those bars. They have one in Ed Bike Coop. It too is horrendously over-priced.

Matthew

akaAndrew

skwerl said:
bikes which are by and large the same. ie miniscule riser bars, turd coloured frame with day-glo deep-V rims, etc. There's nothing unique in it at all.

I saw many fixes like that when I was in London last month. 'Charge' I believe. I was surprised to see just how many fixeds there where in truth. The streets seemed awash with them. Clearly an element of fashion about it but I have no truck with that. That's a normal enough human motivation.

As for there being nothing unique about it, I think that was chris667's point skwerl. For myself, I don't think it matters one bit whether it's unique or not. Too many people, they're just bicycles (or worse, RLJers!) anyway.

skwerl

akaAndrew said:
I saw many fixes like that when I was in London last month. 'Charge' I believe. I was surprised to see just how many fixeds there where in truth. The streets seemed awash with them. Clearly an element of fashion about it but I have no truck with that. That's a normal enough human motivation.

As for there being nothing unique about it, I think that was chris667's point skwerl. For myself, I don't think it matters one bit whether it's unique or not. Too many people, they're just bicycles (or worse, RLJers!) anyway.

Yes. Charge are the main culprits (Maroon frame and day-glo green rims being the favourite) and regularly hailed as the UK innovator of fixed wheel culture by C+ mag.

I was trying to agree with Chris667. Didn't come over that way though

TUBZ69

Über Member
considering a fixy..

I've riden a mates a few times an quite like the way they wrk... I've got a giant scr3.0 atm.... But I'm considering a fixy. However it cannot be a home made job, ie it's gota be comercially manufactured ( charge, trek district. Fixie Inc etc )
what is a good make?
Thanx T

Top Bottom