Fixie project...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm gonna be 'steptoe', and ask for anything which may help me complete my first fixie project, spending much less than Joe24's £7.19....!

I have frame/forks/bars/brake/CR, but really need a fixed rear wheel 27", front wheel 27", tyres/tubes, and new chain!

I realise that there are many more deservng cases around, but if your thinking of throwing these items, I'll be more than happy to try and collect, if local to West Sussex........:wacko:

Thanks!;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
stoatsngroats said:
I'm gonna be 'steptoe', and ask for anything which may help me complete my first fixie project, spending much less than Joe24's £7.19....!

I have frame/forks/bars/brake/CR, but really need a fixed rear wheel 27", front wheel 27", tyres/tubes, and new chain!

I realise that there are many more deservng cases around, but if your thinking of throwing these items, I'll be more than happy to try and collect, if local to West Sussex........:wacko:

Thanks!;)

Bar tape will cost you though, and probably a chain will aswell;)
Ive not got any spare stuff to help you out though, sorry.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Landslide said:
I've no bits for you Stoats (sorry), but have you considered a "suicide" set-up, converting an old freewheel-style rear wheel?

Didn't realise this was the name for them....:wacko:

Yep, it's under consideration, BUT the wheel I have is b&**&^d, with rim bulges!

There's a chap locally who buys bikes from the Police, and I'm trying to see what he may have spare - thing is, he really wants £'s for bits, and I'm trying to get it done on the very, very cheap! (as close to £0.00 as possible!)

I've still got a little while to think this through, and add to my collection tho - thanks for the pointer tho' Landslide..;)

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
Didn't realise this was the name for them....:wacko:

Yep, it's under consideration, BUT the wheel I have is b&**&^d, with rim bulges!

There's a chap locally who buys bikes from the Police, and I'm trying to see what he may have spare - thing is, he really wants £'s for bits, and I'm trying to get it done on the very, very cheap! (as close to £0.00 as possible!)

I've still got a little while to think this through, and add to my collection tho - thanks for the pointer tho' Landslide..;)

I think we should have a little competition thread going. With a list of stuff thats on the bike, so the amount spent can go by what stuff you have on aswell.

As for the suicide fixed, its a naff name. Its absolute runnish really, if that sprocket is put on right then i very much doubt that it will move.
On the fixed ive just built/building, this is what ive done. I have a BB lockring on as a spacer, but if i didnt have this on, i would have a BB lockring after the sprocket to use as a lockring for the sprocket.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Joe24 said:
I think we should have a little competition thread going. With a list of stuff thats on the bike, so the amount spent can go by what stuff you have on aswell.
You're on...but bear in mind, this is only my first attempt at this, whereas you got LOADS of experience....:smile: :biggrin:

Joe24 said:
As for the suicide fixed, its a naff name. Its absolute runnish? really, if that sprocket is put on right then i very much doubt that it will move.
On the fixed ive just built/building, this is what ive done. I have a BB lockring on as a spacer, but if i didnt have this on, i would have a BB lockring after the sprocket to use as a lockring for the sprocket.

I may end up doing this, deoends on what I can magic up! ;):biggrin:

But you'll be fatser than me, AND, I mayNOT love you either!:wacko:

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
You're on...but bear in mind, this is only my first attempt at this, whereas you got LOADS of experience....:blush: :biggrin:

I may end up doing this, deoends on what I can magic up! :smile::biggrin:

But you'll be fatser than me, AND, I mayNOT love you either!;)

Was my first attempt on doing it on the cheap, but i have built 2 fixeds up before, so i have got abit more experience. But that doesnt count for much, its a fixed, not much to know!

Oh, and you do love me;)

Joe24

Oh, runnish means rubbish. Pressed the wrong button, cant edit my post either:sad:

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
I'm not as intelligent as I look!:smile:

....I give up:biggrin:

Put a sprocket on, get the chain line right and your sorted;)

You give up already? That was easy;);)

Good luck with the build:becool:

montage

God Almighty
Hmmm....I am also very tempted to take up on this challenge... though for under £8....doubt it!
No doubt I will be buying all the parts from ebay or similar....

Anyway, despite the odds, game on!

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
montage said:
Hmmm....I am also very tempted to take up on this challenge... though for under £8....doubt it!
No doubt I will be buying all the parts from ebay or similar....

Anyway, despite the odds, game on!

Worth a go.....!

I'm not saying mine will be pretty, but for a starter, to see if I like it, why spend much cash on it...?

Good luck too Montage......IoW on fixed....?:smile:

Top Bottom