Fizik Arione Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LazyLoki

This is another casualty of my quest to find the 'perfect' saddle for my backside. Its done around 50 miles from new but I've already decided that its just not going to 'fit' me. Perfect condition with no wear to the top side or nicks on the rails. Paid £74.99 from Chain Reaction so looking for £50 posted. Next on the list is a Selle Italia Flite....

OP
OP
L

LazyLoki

Oh, I should point out that this is the all black model with K:blush:um rails.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
LazyLoki said:
This is another casualty of my quest to find the 'perfect' saddle for my backside. Its done around 50 miles from new but I've already decided that its just not going to 'fit' me.
I have two Arione saddles and I found that the difference between "bugger, why did I buy them!" and "my, that's cosy!" is a few degrees of tilt and a few mm of setback.

I'd suggest trying the saddle with the front section level. That corresponds to the rear sloping up slightly. If you set the saddle angle with a spirit level laid between the front and rear of the saddle, you'll have the nose sloping slightly up and that can make for NNS (Numb Nut Syndrome)! :smile:

You also need to get the right part of the saddle under your sit bones. If you get the angle right first, you can then experiment with moving yourself forwards and backwards on the saddle to find the 'sweet spot'. If your distance from the bars is then wrong, move the saddle accordingly.

I think you might be surprised at how comfortable an Arione can be if you just get it set up to suit you.

On the other hand, I could be completely wrong and you could just go ahead and sell it! :laugh:

OP
OP
L

LazyLoki

Thanks for the advice guys but I've already got my eyes on the next candidate... Normally I give saddles a good few hundred miles before making a decision but there was just something about the Arione that didn't suit me.

Norm, yes, thats the one.

Have a selection of saddles sitting in my shed also. Must advertise here ! In the end the toupe was the one for me.

Top Bottom