Fizik

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob Thomas

I have just purchased the Fizik Aliante Carbon Saddle with Carbon Braided Rails, and it does not fit my current seat post. If I purchase the Fizik Cyrano Carbon Seatpost, does anyone know if this will fit the saddle above without any problems. Have tried looking on Fizik site, but not very helpful !!!

Ride

You've certainly gotten yourself into a fix'zik. :rofl:

It seems that Fizik only makes two seat post (here) with brackets that appear identical. I'd venture to say that these would be a guaranteed fit to their numerous saddles. I would not be surprised if the saddles are designed to only fit a Fizik seatpost.

Ride

OP
OP
Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

Thanks Ride. Will order and see if it fits, but like you say they only appear to make one type. These are so lightweight it's great !!! Will post my answer later this week when I get the post

Thanks Ride. Will order and see if it fits, but like you say they only appear to make one type. These are so lightweight it's great !!! Will post my answer later this week when I get the post
It might be an idea if you could post a pic of your current seatpost and the saddle rails. A quick Google of Fizik Aliante Carbon Saddle seems to show the saddle with standard rails.

Just an idea before you throw more money at it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

I went to fit the saddle to my existing bontriger seat post and the rails are too wide and tall for it hence the requirement for a Fizik seat post etc.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You dont NEED a Fizik seatpost, you just need a seatpost which has been created with carbon seat rails in mind (they are usually larger in diameter or oval shaped) and many compatible seatposts exist. You also need to make sure the clamp contact points are not offset, the contact points must be adjacent, if they are offset, you will end up with a mess on your hands.

You could either return the saddle and buy a different one, or you could choose a few seat posts you like, then drop Wiggle an email and (assuming they have the same saddle to hand) they will check if those seatpost's will work with that saddle. They have done it for me in the past.

OP
OP
Rob Thomas

Rob Thomas

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Having spoken to wiggle they have confirmed that the items are compatible. We will see when the seat post arrives !!!

Top Bottom