Flashing ID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BentMikey said:
I think I'd have been very tempted to call her bluff - put the bike down in front of her car, take a photo of her, her reg. no, and ask to see the ID. I bet the phone would have disappeared as soon as she saw a camera.

Me too.

I think pulling a sub machine gun would have had the same effect.

PBancroft

downfader said:
You know slightly on topic, I have often been tempted to build a fake handheld speed camera and don some hiviz and stand by some trouble spots, lol! (common sense prevails on many levels here though)

Going back a few years I used to be involved in Venture Scouts and organised a lot of night hikes for the Scouts.

Usually this involved setting up check points at reasonable locations and manning them in fluorescent jackets so they could find us. Bearing in mind the hikes often went into the wee small hours (getting back to camp about five in the morning) one year year we found ourselves on a bit of a racetrack.

We discovered standing at the brow of the hill holding a silver thermos flask on our shoulder or out in front of us whilst wearing aforementioned jackets made people slow down very very quickly.

Kept the Scouts safe anyway.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
RichK said:

Ahh man!! That is SO VERY TEMPTING!! I could even set up a little flash with a little help from the Maplin guy, lol!! Mind you that might distract regular motorists. :biggrin:

Really great find!!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Kaipaith said:
Going back a few years I used to be involved in Venture Scouts and organised a lot of night hikes for the Scouts.

Usually this involved setting up check points at reasonable locations and manning them in fluorescent jackets so they could find us. Bearing in mind the hikes often went into the wee small hours (getting back to camp about five in the morning) one year year we found ourselves on a bit of a racetrack.

We discovered standing at the brow of the hill holding a silver thermos flask on our shoulder or out in front of us whilst wearing aforementioned jackets made people slow down very very quickly.

Kept the Scouts safe anyway.

I have to admit, I have done a lot of photography with large format cameras and pinholes. I always found it amusing how drivers slowed down when they saw the bellows, lmao!!

Top Bottom