Flask for cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

Does anyone know of a good thermos flask that will fit a standard bottle cage?
I quite fancy taking a flask of soup or coffee out with me when it starts getting cold again, but can't find anything so far...

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Edinburgh Cycle co-op sell a flask but it takes different fitting which are supplied.

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

Thanks for that... I've seen those before but have heard that their fittings are a bit 'wobbly' and just want something to go in the existing bottle cages.
I'll take a cage out to the shop with me soon and try a few flasks in there i think.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
dudi said:
I'll take a cage out to the shop with me soon and try a few flasks in there i think.

Good plan. I've got a little flask which came from Woolworth's that just happens to fit. I didn't plan it that way though. It's nice when it's really cold.

zaid

If you have a morrisons supermarket near you they do a flask with carry case and strap, and it fits in my all my bottle cages fine.
Here's a picture of it (couldn't find a morrisons web link), but it's £3.91 at morrisons. :evil:

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

Thanks for the suggestions chaps!
Zaid - I think i'll take a ride out tomorrow... try to find me a morrisons... that looks pretty much perfect.

muchos gracias!

oxford_guy

Über Member
zaid said:
If you have a morrisons supermarket near you they do a flask with carry case and strap, and it fits in my all my bottle cages fine.
Here's a picture of it (couldn't find a morrisons web link), but it's £3.91 at morrisons. ;)

Does it fit in your bottle cage without the carry case? Thanks

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Sainsburys did a steel flask that just fits into a std cage.
Bought a couple over summer, but I think have the sneaking feeling they may have been seasonal and have now been replaced with xmas trees and mince pies.

zaid

oxford_guy said:
Does it fit in your bottle cage without the carry case? Thanks

Hi , Yes it does but in one of my bike's bottle cage it's not as a snug fitting (or as quiet) without it's case.
Cheers. :wahhey:

Bikeradar just did a review on a cycle flask which they claimed suffered from too much play in the mounting and then suggested the bikebuddy which though not as cheap does allow you to choose a flask irrespective of size (within reason of course)

Lambchop

Would the answer not be to buy a flask that fits ok in your bottle cage and then buy a photographic lens cover from jessops to make it fit 'extra snug' and provide extra insulation perhaps?

oxford_guy

Über Member
Lambchop said:
Would the answer not be to buy a flask that fits ok in your bottle cage and then buy a photographic lens cover from jessops to make it fit 'extra snug' and provide extra insulation perhaps?

I'm not sure I understand how that would work, what do you have in mind when you say a "photographic lens cover", you don't mean a lens cap??

Top Bottom