FLAT 100 km (62 mile) ride from Garforth, Saturday 19th September, 2026

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Location
Leeds
Some good news:

I was starting to feel a bit better this afternoon.

I wandered down to the health centre and managed to get a flu jab despite not booking one because we were supposed to be riding today.

Not such good news:

I am sensing that my usual 12 hours of post-flu-jab shivering is about to start. Which is unfortunate because...

... while I was getting jabbed, my combi boiler developed a fault, so no heating or hot showers until it is fixed. I have a gas engineer coming on Monday morning. Hopefully it will be fixed early next week and not cost my landlady (sister!) too much. I have seen a few videos online which suggest it is almost certainly a faulty spark generator box. If so, it should be a simple and cheapish repair.


I feel that this one is jinxed, but maybe we can still get it done before we run out of daylight hours and the weather turns grotty? It will have to be a Saturday because I don't want to deal with crowded weekday commuter trains.

Troubles you are having just now !!

No single spies huh? No worries, we will see you on the other side👍👍
 
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No single spies huh?
Either my brain has frozen, or that was a typo? :wacko:

Ooh, the vaccine shivers are definitely kicking in now! They usually disappear overnight, but in the meantime I think that I will be needing my winter longs on.
 
Top Bottom