FLAT 100 km ride from Garforth, Saturday 23rd March, 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A bit late with the update - sorry. I have changed the first post to refer to the 2023 route, not the old 2022 route!

@Moodyman - I forgot to tag you about this ride, so I am rectifying that here.

The forecast for next Saturday is currently for a mix of sunshine and showers, and with a cold, blustery wind from the north. Let's keep an eye on that forecast and make a final decision about the date of the ride towards the end of the week.

Provisional rider list for a ride on March 23rd:
  • Colinj
  • @Buck
  • @Dadam
  • @colly IF recovered from Covid, AND fit to ride!!
  • @Julia9054 and Al
  • @Vantage? (An outside chance; if his cycling mojo makes a sudden reappearance!)
  • @FrothNinja, if free?
  • @Kestevan, if test rides suggest that his dodgy/repaired knee is up to it?
  • My pal Carrie is an outside chance (her dog is old & poorly and needs TLC!)
Watch out for more updates during the week.

Last edited:

Dadam

Still on for it. Unless I can get out during the week for a short ride this will be my first ride on SPD pedals apart from a couple of local streets. :ohmy:
I've set them to the minimum unclip tension and practiced a bit leaning against a wall. Not too bad so far.

colly

Re member eR
Sorry @ColinJ l won't be along. :sad:
I'm over whatever had (Covid too) and took myself out for a ride early doors. I felt ok but 60km would be too much just now.
A couple of weeks more recovery and I'd risk it.
Anyway have a good ride and l hope the weather is kind to you.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The forecast has been varying better and worse but I think it is now just on the acceptable side so let's go ahead!

Sorry that @colly and @Vantage can't make it - hopefully, we will see you later in the year.

We will probably experience some showers, and there will be a strong, gusty wind all day which will make it feel chilly and hard work. Maybe better to take our stop indoors at Cawood Park? We can make our mind up as we ride through Tadcaster past the cafe there.

I just spoke to Carrie. She is 50-50 about joining us, due to worry about her dog etc.

I may make more posts before Saturday so check for them.

I will post below after my train leaves Todmorden and again if there is a delay at Leeds.

Julia9054

Guru
The forecast has been varying better and worse but I think it is now just on the acceptable side so let's go ahead!

Sorry that @colly and @Vantage can't make it - hopefully, we will see you later in the year.

We will probably experience some showers, and there will be a strong, gusty wind all day which will make it feel chilly and hard work. Maybe better to take our stop indoors at Cawood Park? We can make our mind up as we ride through Tadcaster past the cafe there.

I just spoke to Carrie. She is 50-50 about joining us, due to worry about her dog etc.

I may make more posts before Saturday so check for them.

I will post below after my train leaves Todmorden and again if there is a delay at Leeds.
Can you remind me what time we are meeting?

Dadam

Looking forward to it.
Although I didn't use the motor much last time on this route, I've always got the option if the wind gets too much.

Top Bottom