Flat Bar Road Bike (<£650) - Scott Speedster S50B or Decathlon Fitness 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What size bike do you need ?

Where abouts in the country are you ?

And would you consider secondhand ?

Simon

I have just arrived home from Decathlon with a brand new Fitness 3 now in the garage. I don't know about the competitors you list, but I am very impressed with the Fitness 3 on the one short ride I've just had. It is easy to see where the cost savings are made: the seatpost, bars & stem are unbranded rather unattractive pieces of kit. That's no big deal to me as they do the job, and I plan to upgrade with some carbon bling when finances permit. I have not set up the bike yet, but I like the secure way it handles. I have never owned a road bike before, so I am no expert on the subject, but it is responsive and flies along. The steering is light with a nice 'planted' feel to it. The bike is also pretty comfy with road shocks being soaked up by the carbon forks and seat tubes - I note that the Scott has aluminium seat tubes.

As time progresses, I'll give you an update.

OP
OP
K

KMKM

xpc316e said:
I have just arrived home from Decathlon with a brand new Fitness 3 now in the garage. I don't know about the competitors you list, but I am very impressed with the Fitness 3 on the one short ride I've just had. It is easy to see where the cost savings are made: the seatpost, bars & stem are unbranded rather unattractive pieces of kit. That's no big deal to me as they do the job, and I plan to upgrade with some carbon bling when finances permit. I have not set up the bike yet, but I like the secure way it handles. I have never owned a road bike before, so I am no expert on the subject, but it is responsive and flies along. The steering is light with a nice 'planted' feel to it. The bike is also pretty comfy with road shocks being soaked up by the carbon forks and seat tubes - I note that the Scott has aluminium seat tubes.

As time progresses, I'll give you an update.

Hi mate,

I am an owner of a Fitness 2. Did you try that in the shop and how big were the differences did you feel between the fitness 2 and 3?

Thanks

I fell in love with the Fitness 3 on the website, and the thought of the Fitness 2 did not occur to me. I am a real tart when I fall in love, and I only have eyes for the object of my desires.

Further to other post: I had a little ride today (only a couple of miles commuting), and am astonished at the comfort of the carbon fibre. There is no facility to fit a normal rack - that doesn't bother me, because I have a seatpost rack from another bike. I am just over 6 feet tall with a 32.5 inside leg, and have bought the largest frame (57cm). I would like the bars to be a bit higher, as I have the seat quite high. That can be fixed easily with a gadget I have. The frame doesn't have mudguard clearance, but again that doesn't matter to me as I have bikes to ride in the wet. Mudguards would spoil the looks in my opinion.

Top Bottom