FLAT imperial century (metric century option) from Garforth, Saturday 10th July 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
I'm on my way too, left home a little later than planned, so not quite the leisurely ride to the station I had planned :laugh: It's a little misty over this way, but hopefully it will clear & be nice & dry all day :rolleyes:
With a little luck, I'm expecting light showers but nothing too heavy judging from the trip over. Not brought mudguards so best not piss it down!

Julia9054

Guru
Just settling off after accidentally sleeping ina bit. Should be in station car park bang on 9am

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cheers for sorting the ride Colin, really nice route:okay:. Sorry i couldn't make the full 100 mile.
Nice to meet some familiar & some not so familiar faces
Made a bit of a dash back to the station hoping to get the 16:05 back to Hull, only to find there isn't a 16:05 :rolleyes: 2 hour gap at that time between services :blush:

si_c

Guru
Cheers for sorting the ride Colin, really nice route:okay:. Sorry i couldn't make the full 100 mile.
Nice to meet some familiar & some not so familiar faces
Made a bit of a dash back to the station hoping to get the 16:05 back to Hull, only to find there isn't a 16:05 :rolleyes: 2 hour gap at that time between services :blush:
I did the same, misread the timetables and missed my connection in Leeds.

Great to catch up with everyone even if the last 15miles were a bit of a grovel trying to keep up with @Buck and Carrie.

Definitely would do again, thanks for organising @ColinJ

colly

Re member eR
Another blinder @ColinJ :okay: Thanks once again for doing the work organising it for us.
My Garmin ran out of battery at 109 miles:sad: so the last few miles weren't recorded. I had vague plans of doing some loops to get me over 125 miles (200Km) Not a chance, by the time I got to my road I was more spent than Viv Nicholson's last fiver.
Good to see everyone.

Last edited:
For me it was a good new 100 with new people, and a much better day than forecast for us missing all those showers (somehow). I was a bit hungry when a got back but a Parmo Hot Shot fixed that.
100.3m 13.9mph average (the last three 10m laps being 15.7, 15.5 and 15.3mph average)

Back home now and fed but not yet showered. Really enjoyable day out on the bike and great company. Nice to meet up again with old friends and new after so long with the COVID restrictions. We were so lucky to dodge the rain.

Thanks to Colin for all his work in organising and planning such a pleasant and quiet route.

Buck

Guru
It’s been so long since my last CC group ride and a great one to restart with - a fantastic route by @ColinJ (or ColinP as he is now known!)

Thanks to Colin for organising and everyone else for good company that helped the miles pass so quickly. Special thanks to @si_c for his help with my thorny puncture which scuppered our cunning plan to be first at the cafe stop, eventually rolling in last 😂

Congratulations to those who have done their first century today too. 👍🏻 Awesome riding and one to remember.
We were so lucky with the weather too. We dodged some really heavy showers

Last edited:

Buck

Guru

Top Bottom