Flat pedal: sorted👍

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Hi all, hit me up with what you have flat pedal wise available, ideally serviceable and having a spd on one side(not a deal breaker).
A nursery move for little legs means bike delivery to the door rather than walking.
Many thanks
Carl

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I gave up riding spd years ago and haven't looked back since, I use two different flat pedals on my bikes.

For my Gravel and Mountain bikes I use DMR V12 pedals, which I find brilliant. They do have quite aggressive pins though, which is great for keeping your foot in place, however not so great for the soles of your shoes, or your shins! These are technically serviceable if you can find the service kits.

For everyday riding I use a less aggressive flat pedal on the folding bike, the snappily titled Shimano PD-EF202 pedal. Whilst I'm not sure I'd want to stand up on them in the rain giving it the beans uphill, they are in the main, great for everyday commuting and riding and I believe they are serviceable, though I've not had to try yet.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 12.48.06.png

8mph

Veteran
I use DMR V12 pedals, which I find brilliant. They do have quite aggressive pins though, which is great for keeping your foot in place, however not so great for the soles of your shoes, or your shins!

Ouch, pure agony! Those vicious pins go right through socks and skin too!

OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
Yep to buy,....Manchester/Rochdale @AndyRM. I've got the clip in decathlon things you can attach to spd's but want something more perm.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ouch, pure agony! Those vicious pins go right through socks and skin too!
Indeed!

I also found having my feet "kept in place" a surprisingly bad thing. I would plonk a foot on the pedal, start cranking, and then realise that the foot was ever so slightly out of position. With my SPDs the float allows corrective lateral rotation. With the spiky flats, I had to lift the foot and try again... repeatedly!

I used to own a pair of flat/SPD pedals that @Hicky could have had but donated them to someone else a few years ago.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I have DMR V12 on all my bikes, flat both sides.

velohomme

I have a pair of shimano pedals if you haven't already found a pair. Flat one side and SPD the other. I am in Chorley or you can have them for the cost of postage.

OP
OP
Hicky

Hicky

Guru
Mods pls delete thread, pedals obtained from velohomme.
Thanks for the offers people.
Donation on route to Tackling minds local charity. 👍😎

Top Bottom