Flickering bathroom light problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just seen this black spot on the tube. It's been in nearly 4 years that i know of and i don't do quickie showers. I suppose it's come to the end of its life.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
😳

I thought this was a gag but you mean laid, right?
I was going to post about it in the personal matters section last night,but i didn't want to dwell on it. He's been ill for quite a while. I think he had some sort of Neurological problem. I only saw him 3 weeks ago,but he was very unsteady then. He must've had a 'funny do' while outside the shop and just fallen over. He was a tall chap,about 6ft 5 inch,so it's a long drop for a fragile skull. I didn't know till yesterday when someone told me. :sad:

I was going to post about it in the personal matters section last night,but i didn't want to dwell on it. He's been ill for quite a while. I think he had some sort of Neurological problem. I only saw him 3 weeks ago,but he was very unsteady then. He must've had a 'funny do' while outside the shop and just fallen over. He was a tall chap,about 6ft 5 inch,so it's a long drop for a fragile skull. I didn't know till yesterday when someone told me. :sad:

It feels wrong to 'like' that, but I'm sure you know what it means.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Would it be ok to post his online obituary,or would that not be a good idea? I know no one on CC will know him,but the obituary is nice,if such a thing is possible.
I think so, obituaries are meant to be read.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The housing association say it's not an emergency,so it'll be about 2 weeks before they can fix it. I can't wait that long so I'm going to try and fix it like I did with my knackered boiler back in February.:unsure: I've taken the cover off and had a fiddle round. I can't get the light to move,but the starter thingy comes out.
What will be the problem,the neon light or the little starter thingy? 🤔

View attachment 599130

View attachment 599131
Council fixed mine. Non urgent so only had dark bathroom for 4 months. I just turned the hall light on and remembered to bath or shower when it was still daylight.
I would have done it but it’s a sealed bathroom light and would be seen as ‘chargeable’ if I had done it. It would have cost me 3 quid for the bulb and £98 council chargeable charge.
2 weeks? Not bad!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know it's a Housing Association place but have you never had to maintain your own property?

It's a light bulb!
FFS!
Yes,it's just a light bulb,but i've never had to replace this type of bulb before. I didn't know how to get the bulb/tube out without possibly breaking the whole light. That's why i asked on here.:thanks:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm getting quite good at this D.I.Y stuff. I might even re-wire the flex for my boiler,as I've been waiting months for the housing association to do it. It shouldn't be too difficult a job.🤔

Those are fruit flies on the boiler by the way. I have a thriving fruit fly community going on at the moment.🧐

Top Bottom