Flipping heck its pancake day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
i was also surprised to find it was pancake day.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord

Flipping heck its pancake day​

Pancake day, or “Shrove Tuesday” always falls on the day that precedes “Ash Wednesday” which marks the beginning of Lent. The word "Shrove" is the past tense of the English verb "Shrive" which means to obtain absolution for one's sins by way of confession and by doing penance. On Ash Wednesday, we are reminded that we are called to turn away from sin, to repent and to believe in the Good News of our salvation through Jesus Christ. So, if you see anyone tomorrow (Ash Wednesday) walking round with ashes on their forehead in the form of a cross, this is an outward sign of them turning again to God, seeking His mercy, forgiveness and help.

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^ I knew most of that about 56 years ago.(I'm now 63). I started to turn away from believing that I was a sinner 40 years ago. HTH.

mustang1

Guru
We had pancakes for dinner with various fillings: shredded beef, salmon, avocado, and then the dessert pancakes were Nutella or honey.

The traditionally Belgian combo of butter and dark muscovado sugar :hungry:

I have shovelled a suitable quantity down the hatch this evening.

Umm, anyone remember the Findus crispy pancakes? They were a staple when I was a student!

dicko

Guru
Remember the Little Chef Jubilee pancakes?

IMG_2214.png

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The traditionally Belgian combo of butter and dark muscovado sugar :hungry:

I have shovelled a suitable quantity down the hatch this evening.

Umm, anyone remember the Findus crispy pancakes? They were a staple when I was a student!

Mmm the Belgian combo sounds good.

Findus crispy was a regular post school tea!

Gwylan

Veteran
Pancake day, or “Shrove Tuesday” always falls on the day that precedes “Ash Wednesday” which marks the beginning of Lent. The word "Shrove" is the past tense of the English verb "Shrive" which means to obtain absolution for one's sins by way of confession and by doing penance. On Ash Wednesday, we are reminded that we are called to turn away from sin, to repent and to believe in the Good News of our salvation through Jesus Christ. So, if you see anyone tomorrow (Ash Wednesday) walking round with ashes on their forehead in the form of a cross, this is an outward sign of them turning again to God, seeking His mercy, forgiveness and help.

All we like sheep.......

Top Bottom