Flipping heck its pancake day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well I missed my chance. No pancakes for me for another year.

I did have toad in the hole at the weekend, which is vaguely similar

winjim

Smash the cistern
Pancake day, or “Shrove Tuesday” always falls on the day that precedes “Ash Wednesday” which marks the beginning of Lent. The word "Shrove" is the past tense of the English verb "Shrive" which means to obtain absolution for one's sins by way of confession and by doing penance. On Ash Wednesday, we are reminded that we are called to turn away from sin, to repent and to believe in the Good News of our salvation through Jesus Christ. So, if you see anyone tomorrow (Ash Wednesday) walking round with ashes on their forehead in the form of a cross, this is an outward sign of them turning again to God, seeking His mercy, forgiveness and help.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing an ash cross outside of church. Shame, it would be cool. We've got Lent overlapping with Ramadan this year so it looks like we've entered fasting season.

Jody

Stubborn git
I went all in, made about 700ml of batter and eat the lot. Reckon it made about 7 pancakes?

Fresh (no bits) Orange and sugar for me :hungry:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing an ash cross outside of church. Shame, it would be cool. We've got Lent overlapping with Ramadan this year so it looks like we've entered fasting season.

When I worked in New York in the 80s I remember seeing lots of people with this. I'd never seen it before... Or since, come to that.

I remember picking my daughter up from Primary School many years ago

she must have been 6 or 7 and had been making pancakes in school

They all came out of school yelling "Eggs Milk Flour - Pancake Power"

nice easy recipe to remember - just needs some quantities added to it!

Top Bottom