Flipping potholes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seigi

It seems that I just can't seem to achieve my 50km without something going wrong, first it was a virus and now I've only gone and blew my rear tyre out in a pothole (which I carelessly didn't see). 20km from home I was faced with either 1. Walk and hope I manage to hitch a ride or 2. Call in help from parents, I went for number 2. And yes, I know, I should have an inner tube and pump! But I don't actually have a saddlebag as of yet to carry them in
rolleyes.gif

But yeah, pretty annoyed as it was such a lovely ride, got to one point where I seemed to be cycling up hill constantly but it paid off with a lovely view and a long descent (Turns out it was 200m elevation).

I will do this 50k before the end of the summer-ish days!

Ian 74

You are doing well mate keep it up and you'll get there in no time at all. Head out towards Silloth etc if you want a slightly flatter ride, but you do get pretty views up on the hills.
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
Seigi

Seigi

I took a couple of pictures with phone, but being the donnet I am I think I actually managed to cover over the lens with some of my finger, I couldn't see the instant feedback on the screen because it was too light (AMOLED and sun don't mix), they were good pictures too :sad:

I know, I know, I've been holding off getting any cycling gear until winterish (to get some winter gear) and then get summer gear next year as I'm still losing weight don't want to find next summer they're too big for me :tongue:

albion

Guru
LIDL 8am tomorrow.

The £8 long sleeve cycle top feels superb quality. Looks great in blue, did am not too sure about the grey.

The £10 bib trousers also have pockets in the back.

They often go very first thing.

OP
OP
Seigi

Seigi

I doubt I'm devoted to the cause enough to get down for 8am, but I am heading into town tomorrow (where LIDL is) so may take a peek. I was thinking the white and grey would be good as they're the colour of my bike, but will look at both.

D

Deleted member 1258

I clattered a decent pothole this afternoon, we had just turned onto 21 oaks lane, I looked back to see where Colinj was and rode straight into it, first one I've hit for ages, both tyres stayed up and there wasn't any obvious damage so just carried on. Checked everything tonight before I put the bike away tonight and it seems I got away without damaging anything.

OP
OP
Seigi

Seigi

Lucky you :tongue:, I don't know if there was a sharp rock in the pothole or something, I never went to look back at it as there was cars too frequently. It was actually the second one I hit that same ride, the first one I thought I was a goner but I think I was partially standing up so all weight wasn't on back tyre.

Top Bottom