Flooded roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilley

Über Member
Went out for short ride on Saturday and for the first time I had to negotiate a flooded section of road on my trike. Somewhat disconcerting but fortunately the water depth wasn't an issue and I came out unscathed. However I don't think I will be venturing out for some time given that the rain hasn't really eased of at all since Saturday and the amount of standing water everywhere is now concerning whilst driving.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just after I bought my trike I went through a puddle....it was deep :sad: and for the rest of the ride I had a wet arse :blush:

Hyslop

Veteran
Quite fancy a trike,just seen a reconditioned Pashley for £70 on our local Rebike site.Does it count as N+1.5? Sadly Ive nowhere to keep it.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
On a tour a while back, I found out that a Streetmachine with suitably packed Ortlieb panniers is actually buoyant. Not stable, mind, but it does float. Chalk this one down to "just because they came from that direction on a horse does not make it traversable on a 'bent." :biggrin:

OP
OP
Tilley

Tilley

Über Member
On a tour a while back, I found out that a Streetmachine with suitably packed Ortlieb panniers is actually buoyant. Not stable, mind, but it does float. Chalk this one down to "just because they came from that direction on a horse does not make it traversable on a 'bent." :biggrin:
Sounds interesting but not something I would like to attempt

Top Bottom