Floyd's book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i would be prepared to entertain both as a possibility.

fuzzy29

My guess is he's trying to bank a few quid before the hearing rules that he was positive (hopefully). He'll need all that money for the expected appeal that will drag this whole affair on for another year. ;)

fuzzy29

If a few whiskeys the night before did help you ride like he did, there would be more than one Scottish Pro Tour rider. ;)

gkerr4

hmmm - i'd quite like to read it - too tight to pay a tenner for it though!!

whatever he comes out as - positive or otherwise, I do think the way he has been treated is outrageous. this has dragged on for over a year now which is way beyond the joke - have I won it / have I not - no one deserves to be treated like this. like being held without trial almost..

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
gkerr4 said:
hmmm - i'd quite like to read it - too tight to pay a tenner for it though!!

whatever he comes out as - positive or otherwise, I do think the way he has been treated is outrageous. this has dragged on for over a year now which is way beyond the joke - have I won it / have I not - no one deserves to be treated like this. like being held without trial almost..
The reason it has dragged on for over a year is because Landis dragged it on. He was the one who spent millions on lawyers, and tried to intimidate and discredit anyone who was prepared to give evidence against him.

He tested positive. He did so because he probably doped, not because experienced drug testing laboratories made a cock-up and found something that wasn't there.

monnet

Guru
He also chose to have the trial conducted in public which has backfired on him spectactularly as a PR exercise. Most sports doping trials are conducted behind closed doors meaning that they can usually be processed more discreetly.

fuzzy29

The only person at fault is Landis. Don't forget that he had a hip transplant at the end of last year so he was in no rush to get back racing. It also gave him more time for his fund raising to pay for his expensive lawyers. They have dragged this trail out for so long that the original case gets lost in all the counter claims. At no point have his defence come out with a reasonable explanation for him having the synthetic testosterone in his blood. Instead they have tried to rubbish the French lab, WADA, the TdF, LeMond and anyone else who dared to suggest he cheated. It's more like the OJ Simpson trail than any doping investigation.

Top Bottom