FLY 12 Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone braved this purchase yet ?

I like my original fly 12 - but got on poorly with the FLY 12 ce - and the bracket was so so poor for a £250 light

Suprised this new model came out as I had this reply from cycliq last summer -

"We are always working to improve the products where possible however there is currently no plans for a new model Fly12 CE"

Also they don't seem to have given units fot testing to anyone - DC Rainmaker etc ?

Mr. Cow

Über Member
I have a gen3 fly6 and as I'm fairly pleased with that I went ahead and ordered a fly12 sport. It was supposed to ship 1st week of October but alas it's still not been dispatched so can't tell you how good/crap it is.

Wonder if anyone else who ordered early has theirs yet?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
No reviews anywhere - and no online stock apart from cyliq direct.

Got the hallmarks of a company in serious decline. Shame the idea is great - but they score massive own goals with poor after sales and truly awful mounting bracket - I would expect a better bracket on a £10 light .... seriously

Big T

Guru
Anyone braved this purchase yet ?

I like my original fly 12 - but got on poorly with the FLY 12 ce - and the bracket was so so poor for a £250 light

Suprised this new model came out as I had this reply from cycliq last summer -

"We are always working to improve the products where possible however there is currently no plans for a new model Fly12 CE"

Also they don't seem to have given units fot testing to anyone - DC Rainmaker etc ?

GP Lama has got a Fly 12 Sport to test. No detailed review yet, though.

Last edited:

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
I'll report back when I see some video but so far so good. I need to pull the card and view on laptop.
Initial comments are battery life looks excellent.
Main front light is also excellent but haven't seen yet the impact on battery life in different modes.
Feels solid and well made.
Sits well on the bar and doesn't jiggle or rattle, and I've given it a good test on the graven bike over seriously rough stuff.
Not sure if I can use light only without camera: just curious really.
No aero bar mount available but apparently the are 3rd party bits. Haven't found one yet that fits the Basso.

Top Bottom