Fly6CE gen2 SD card. 128Gb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schneil

Veteran
Has anyone tried larger capacity memory cards in their Fly6?
I have a CE gen 2 and it came bundled with a 32Gb SD card. This is the largest oficially supported capacity, but a quick test with a 128Gb, and it seemed to recognise and record to it.
Has anyone ran a large card? Did it work long-term, or did it just corrupt?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I don't have a Fly 6 but a Fly 12, but I know from experience to stick with what Cycliq recommends.
As a matter of interest, what reason would you have to go for such a large card? If it records an incident (say) at the start of your ride, are your rides of such length the footage might be overridden?

OP
OP
S

Schneil

Veteran
I don't have a Fly 6 but a Fly 12, but I know from experience to stick with what Cycliq recommends.
As a matter of interest, what reason would you have to go for such a large card? If it records an incident (say) at the start of your ride, are your rides of such length the footage might be overridden?

Yeah I'm finding that I don't get a complete ride. Say today. I cycled to work (20 mins) and then went for a 1 hour 40 min ride after work. I've only got part of my after work ride which is a bit of a pain.

OP
OP
S

Schneil

Veteran
My front cam is a drift ghost X too. I've had it a month and I'm really liking it. This has the 128gig card that the fly6 likes.

I might just get another 128gig card for the fly6 and see if it works.

I know in the old days there was limitations set by disk controller hardware on the size of hard discs. Is that the case with SD cards?

Top Bottom