FNRTC Cardiff - Swansea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
@theclaud, I have little doubt, will be on the case, particularly with interest being expressed already.....

U

User482

It might be a slight exaggeration to say that I am 'on the case', but I haven't quite dropped off it, either. Will give it some more careful thought at the weekend...

Let me know if you want to do a recce ride and fancy some company?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
And the Dunwich Dynamo is 4 July.
Which, I suppose, would make the ride immediately before it genteel by definition. Either of those dates is OK with me, but the earlier one is traditionally a Brighton run. Another possibility from my point of view is September.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I know this is all potentially anarchic without one controlling mind behind it but, as far as I can remember, we only have arranged:
17/04 Bognor
21/05-26/05 Cherbourg to Dieppe
17/07 Whit stable
04/09 - 11/09 Dieppe to Hook-of-Holland
So I would grab a date and go with it.
29/05 Isle of Wight also.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
July has two full moons I believe, Thursday 2nd and Friday 31st. Any good reason not to work toward one or other?

I would grab a date and go with it.

My hunch is that a clash with the Exodus would be more of an issue than a clash with the DD, because the hardcore regulars who might consider both the DD and traveling from London for the Welsh ride will know their minds when it comes to making a choice about which ride they want to do, whereas the Cardiff-Swansea might attract undecideds and newbies from Cardiff, Newport, and Bristol who might otherwise choose the Exodus. The downside is that the handful of FNRttCers who might choose the Dynamo are all people who I would be very glad to have on the ride.

There we are then, as we say down here. A Blue Moon ride is hereby pencilled - Cardiff to Swansea, 31 July. TBCASAP.

Wobblers

Euthermic
My hunch is that a clash with the Exodus would be more of an issue than a clash with the DD, because the hardcore regulars who might consider both the DD and traveling from London for the Welsh ride will know their minds when it comes to making a choice about which ride they want to do, whereas the Cardiff-Swansea might attract undecideds and newbies from Cardiff, Newport, and Bristol who might otherwise choose the Exodus. The downside is that the handful of FNRttCers who might choose the Dynamo are all people who I would be very glad to have on the ride.

There we are then, as we say down here. A Blue Moon ride is hereby pencilled - Cardiff to Swansea, 31 July. TBCASAP.

Alternatively a June or August date would avoid both issues?

Top Bottom