FNRTC Cardiff - Swansea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Alternatively a June or August date would avoid both issues?
My pact with the weather gods does not apply in August, and it will be a hectic month for me due to the Fringe. June could work, although the possible dates are not so good moonwise...

Wobblers

Euthermic
My pact with the weather gods does not apply in August, and it will be a hectic month for me due to the Fringe. June could work, although the possible dates are not so good moonwise...

I seem to remember that the Welsh contingent had no shortage on the lumens side of things, so I can't see a lack of a full moon being too much of a problem. One day you're going to have to tell me about this pact. Unless it involves sending all the crap weather northwards to the Wirral, in which case I shall be Having Words. In any case it's all a bit academic for me as I doubt I'll be able to make it (and in any case the Dalwhinnie will have run out).

frank9755

Cyclist
I'd love to make it this year.
I was supposed to be on holiday that week but it looks like it might get scuppered by Uta having a work trip. If so, I'd definitely like to come.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I seem to remember that the Welsh contingent had no shortage on the lumens side of things, so I can't see a lack of a full moon being too much of a problem. One day you're going to have to tell me about this pact. Unless it involves sending all the crap weather northwards to the Wirral, in which case I shall be Having Words. In any case it's all a bit academic for me as I doubt I'll be able to make it (and in any case the Dalwhinnie will have run out).

And they say romance is dead. I was thinking more of it shimmering on the Bristol Channel as we are ushered (perhaps even cossetted) along the Dimlands Road by a balmy tailwind.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Would prefer another date (clashes with a gig I'd like to go to) but this would be win over it if need be (assuming I can actually get leave...).

Wobblers

Euthermic
And they say romance is dead. I was thinking more of it shimmering on the Bristol Channel as we are ushered (perhaps even cossetted) along the Dimlands Road by a balmy tailwind.

Well, I did say "lack of a full moon", not "no moon". I'm sure a half moon would suffice. If you can't arrange things through your usual Pact with the weather gods, maybe consult with an almanac to check that the moon would be at the appropriate angle in the southwest at 3am? But i can't help but feel that this misses the point somewhat: the charms of the ride are far, far greater than the moon shimmering on the Bristol Channel.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Exodus or FNRttC. Tough one.
My brain isn't working properly. I said one thing and then plumped for anothet. I blame Bass Drop Imperial Stout. No one book any trains or anything just yet - I will straighten my head out at the weekend and start a new thread.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
For the first time in several years a date has been proposed when I don't have a clashing meeting. But 2nd August is the Ride London 100, making a jaunt to the valleys and hills inadvisable. Boo!

Top Bottom