fnrttc 3 july ditchling beacon photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Trying to work out when it was now... I was there in March, definitely. Missed April. May I was ill (colourfully, on the start line), June I went, but that was Whitstable. July I missed (but dropped ILB off at the start and waved you off).

Oh my. Can it be that for 4 trips to HPC this year, I've only arrived at the coast twice? Not a good average. Mind you, that's two return trips, so I guess it works out.

I did a DIY on the beacon with ILB as part of the Stonehenge loop, about a month back. The sun surfaced properly whilst we were on our way up. Longer days, but higher pace on the way down, I suspect.

Hope to be able to join you all, some point after the summer hols, LEL, work, etc.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
arallsopp said:
July I missed (but dropped ILB off at the start and waved you off).

We wondered where you'd gone Andy. We saw the recumbent leant against the Arch, then we were off and that was it; didn't see it again.... guess that was you!

arallsopp

Yep. Didn't have a pass card for the full night, and was on family detail Saturday 0600. Still, poor little ILB (who will quite happily target Gibraltar on a pushbike) cannot work his way from Orpington to HPC without assistance, so I opted to drop him off. Was trying to make my way through the crowds before the off to say hello, but got caught up with Ben trying to fix his new steed.

Sorry about that. Was sorely tempted to join you all anyway, but would have had to turn round at 3am and work my way back. Not so great.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
arallsopp said:
Was trying to make my way through the crowds before the off to say hello, but got caught up with Ben trying to fix his new steed.

Ben's fettling continued at least as far as Turners Hill iirc. didn't seem to slow him down any though - think I preferred it when he overtook on his fixie last time out as on his geared bike he makes it look even easier. B*****d.

Great photos, but I did spot a few of wimps walking there bikes up the hill, disgraceful behaviour! In two of the photos the riders seem to have forgotten to bring there bikes along! :smile: Looks like a fun day anyway.

Arch

Married to Night Train
GrumpyGreg said:
We wondered where you'd gone Andy. We saw the recumbent leant against the Arch, then we were off and that was it; didn't see it again.... guess that was you!

Eh!? I wasn't there!

Looks like fun though, must try and get along one of these days (nights).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
GrumpyGreg said:
Ben's fettling continued at least as far as Turners Hill iirc. didn't seem to slow him down any though - think I preferred it when he overtook on his fixie last time out as on his geared bike he makes it look even easier. B*****d.

Another face (and bike) I can put a face to. Chatted with him a few times about it, seriously nice bit of kit that Focus (and pretty good value for money!).

arallsopp

Nice bloke riding it too. We like Ben. Ben is good.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We like Ben. We like Ben's bike(s). Ben and his bikes are good. (if a trifle dispiriting when they cruise past you, when you are going flat out, like the hill isn't even there!)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
:blush:
GrumpyGreg said:
We like Ben. We like Ben's bike(s). Ben and his bikes are good. (if a trifle dispiriting when they cruise past you, when you are going flat out, like the hill isn't even there!)

+1. Nice guy, nice bike, can I have whatever made him so damn fast please....!

Top Bottom