FNRttC FNRttK Brussels-Ostend RIDE CLOSED. Full up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Megabus serve Calvados?
There is no security regs to stop you taking your own. Supermarket prices deliver more Calvados per buck than any bar service could contemplate.

The really bad news for my fellow riders is I shall now be arriving stone sober and be too darn monetary challenged to stand a round.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
srw, yes there is. Just let us know when confirmed.
Yes please. I'm negotiating the practicalities with @rvw.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Last edited:

martint235

Dog on a bike

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Can I just say that I am immoderately excited about this?

For various complex reasons to do with funerals and work conferences I have had to do my clothes packing this evening. I have prepared a large bag full of cycling kit to cope with anything from decent spring mildness through to full-on winter. Which, judging by what the Norwegians have to say about Saturday night's weather in Bruges and Ghent, is a good thing.

upload_2016-4-26_21-59-26.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Can I just say that I am immoderately excited about this?

For various complex reasons to do with funerals and work conferences I have had to do my clothes packing this evening. I have prepared a large bag full of cycling kit to cope with anything from decent spring mildness through to full-on winter. Which, judging by what the Norwegians have to say about Saturday night's weather in Bruges and Ghent, is a good thing.

View attachment 126217
Only immoderately excited? I'm more excited than that. Yup, looks like it's going to be nippy again, as it was a couple of years back- I remember putting every layer I had on at halfway, and the Garmin battery needed a top-up by then. I too will need multiple layer options- two days of further riding to get to Le Havre for the ferry home on Tuesday, hopefully a little milder!

That's better than it was in Essex this morning.....

And much better than the Norwegian's forecast from earlier yesterday evening...changeable is the best way to describe the current forecasts: so yes, if you are packing early a range of clothing is a sensible idea.

There are two Decathlons close enough to town for emergency purchases if you arrive early enough.

Reactions: srw
Top Bottom