Foam for a Peli case.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
What sort of size do you need? I have some black dense 'foam' 20mm thick.

View attachment 591442

View attachment 591443
Thanks Pete, but I'm thinking at least 50mm thick.

bruce1530

Guru
Many flight cases etc will be "foamed out" using multiple sheets of 20mm foam. Stick it together with spray adhesive.

And if you need to "carve" it to fit equipment, an electric carving knife is the weapon of choice.....

netman

Veteran
@Dave7 - I happen to have recently bought a case for some tools, but don't need the foam insert... it's 40cmx24cm 38cmx22cm by about 10cm 7.5cm deep. It's already in small squares so you can just remove the bits you need to... was going to keep it 'just in case', but if it's of use to you, it's yours for the cost of postage...
DM me if wanted...
1622554691653.png

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
It’s ridiculous what they charge for foam.

I’ve had a look on ebay and found this for just under £40 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384188141252?epid=1945267603&hash=item597365cec4:g:yyAAAOSw7NNUBF-S

Says it’s original and sealed but who knows?
Well it's a big high five to GC, this arrived the other day and as a big Brucie bonus, after saying it was a four piece set without the lid insert, it turned up with the lid insert as well. 😀

£40 for the full set when the cheapest I'd seen it elsewhere was £85.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Well it's a big high five to GC, this arrived the other day and as a big Brucie bonus, after saying it was a four piece set without the lid insert, it turned up with the lid insert as well. 😀

View attachment 594893

Excellent!

I have a few 1450 cases which need new foam inserts and that seller does them for just £14. I’ll give him a try. 👍

glasgowcyclist

View attachment 594893

I didn’t get round to buying my inserts last year and now that link is dead. Can you recall the seller’s name on ebay by any chance?

glasgowcyclist

I can't copy and paste from the app on my phone, but this screenshot is of the seller's profile.

View attachment 647053

Great thanks. I thought that might be it but his prices for the 1450 aren’t anywhere near as good now at £47.54.

I’m toying with the idea of buying the foam kit for the bigger 1510 at £17.99 and cutting it down to size.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I don't know about you guys, but I am findind that picking foam too supple, when using it for objects close together.

In the end, I used closed-cell foam, which is a lot more rigid and easier for complex shapes

I got mine at efoam.co.uk

Top Bottom