Focus Mares CX 0.0 11g 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seadragonpisces

Über Member
image.jpg
Arrived today. I wanted something more tamer looking but had to have this bike and I am not disappointed at all.

Cant wait to start really enjoying it !!!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
View attachment 76842
Cant wait to start really enjoying it !!!

You need to get that kitchen finished first.

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I was hoping no-one would notice the unfinished kitchen, thank for reminding me :-). I bought some really lame Dulux trade paint which takes days to dry, so in this cold weather I didnt think it would be good to do any painting. My partner doesnt seem to mind, she has new counter tops, new oven, hob etc to play with and keep her busy.

No I wont be racing. I realise its way over the top for what I need but I plan to keep it a long time. I sold my Genesis Croix De Fer a couple of years ago and regretted it. The reputation of Focus and the fact I couldnt take my eyes off the pics online kinda made the decision for me. The mechanism for putting on and taking off the wheels is pretty quirky but I really like it. The spec is pretty awesome and the bike is as light as a feather, perfect for my bad back when I am trying to lift it in or out my car.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hope to get a CX bike in a few months time so I looked up this Focus - wow, £4k+ - that's way out of my price range! :eek:

It looks a really nice bike, but my budget will only be about one third of that. :sad:

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I spent too much, but it’s decision made and I have to live with it. If your budget is a third you can still get a decent CX bike. Check out ebay etc, bike forms etc, you can get a steal sometimes on a rarely used 2nd hand bike. I think I saw a Focus for sale in the classified section on here.
With bikes, makes etc etc everyone will disagree on their favourite but you will be able to get a decent bike. The Focus is my new favourite bike but I also really like Genesis. I think Trek and Giant also have CX bikes that do well in reviews, so do a bit of research.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I was hoping no-one would notice the unfinished kitchen, thank for reminding me :-). I bought some really lame Dulux trade paint which takes days to dry, so in this cold weather I didnt think it would be good to do any painting. My partner doesnt seem to mind, she has new counter tops, new oven, hob etc to play with and keep her busy.

No I wont be racing. I realise its way over the top for what I need but I plan to keep it a long time. I sold my Genesis Croix De Fer a couple of years ago and regretted it. The reputation of Focus and the fact I couldnt take my eyes off the pics online kinda made the decision for me. The mechanism for putting on and taking off the wheels is pretty quirky but I really like it. The spec is pretty awesome and the bike is as light as a feather, perfect for my bad back when I am trying to lift it in or out my car.

Nice bike, nice spec' & nice price tag! Have fun on it!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I hope to get a CX bike in a few months time so I looked up this Focus - wow, £4k+ - that's way out of my price range! :eek:

It looks a really nice bike, but my budget will only be about one third of that. :sad:

Colin, the Focus Mares AX in the photo I posted is about £850. It may be worth a look.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
That is about £70 cheaper than it is in Denmark.

I cant really justify getting one as I have enough DF bikes and I fancy getting a recumbent instead. But it is a lot of bike for the money.

Top Bottom